Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter is the quickest way to go on Char Dham Yatra. You can go to all the four dhams in the shortest possible time of just 5 days. Although it is costlier than going on Char Dham Yatra by Road, it saves a lot of time, and the need to cover long distances by road.
Char Dham Yatra or Chota Char Dham is done in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. Char Dham Yatra is a religious visit to Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. Major rivers of India like Yamuna, Bhagirathi, Mandakini, Alaknanda originate from these dhams.
Short Itinerary of Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter
- Day 01 – Arrival in Dehradun + night stay in Dehradun.
- Day 02 – Leave for Yamunotri + Darshan at Yamunotri + Sightseeing.
- Day 03 – Leave for Gangotri + Darshan at Gangotri + Sightseeing.
- Day 04 – Leave for Kedarnath + Darshan at Kedarnath + Sightseeing.
- Day 05 – Leave for Badrinath + Darshan at Badrinath + Sightseeing.
- Day 06 – Leave for Dehradun and then to your home town.
What is the Cost of Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter in 2023?
Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter generally costs around INR 1,95,000 per person onwards. It covers transfer by helicopter shuttle charges, accommodation + meals in luxury hotels, sightseeing charges, VIP darshan in all dhams, palki/pony charges, Rudra Abhishek at Kedarnath, Maha Abhishek at Badrinath.
Darshan/Aarti Timings in Char Dham Yatra Temples
Yamunotri Temple Timings
- Overall Timmings: 06 AM – 08 PM
- Morning Arti: 06:30 AM
- Evening Arti: 07:30 PM
Gangotri Temple Timings
- Overall Timings: 06:15 AM – 09:30 PM
- Morning Arti: 06:00 AM
- Evening Arti: 07:45 PM in Summer Season & 07:00 PM in Winter Season
Kedarnath Temple Timings
- Overall Timings: 04:00 AM – 09:00 PM
- Morning Puja: 04:00 AM to 07:00 AM
- Evening Arti/Pooja: 06:00 PM to 07:30 PM
Badrinath Temple Timings
- Overall Timings: 04:00 AM – 09:00 PM
- Morning Puja: 04:30 AM to 06:30 AM
- Evening Arti/Pooja: 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
Opening and Closing Dates for Char Dham Yatra in 2023
|Char Dham Temples||Opening Date / Closing Date|
|Yamunotri||22 April 2023|
|Gangotri||22 April 2023|
|Kedarnath||25 April 2023 (6:30 AM)|
|Badrinath||27 April 2023 (7:10 AM)|
Read here full details of Char Dham Yatra 2023 Opening & Closing Dates Announced
What Kind of Food Can I Expect in My Char Dham Yatra Helicopter Package?
You will not get non-veg food here and no alcohol either. You can have a wide variety of vegetarian North Indian, Garhwali, and Chinese dishes. There are many bhojanalays, restaurants, food stalls near the main temples. You will also get upvaas food here. You will get food made without onions or garlic near the temples which are also called Satvik food. Even in your trekking routes to Kedarnath and Yamunotri, there are restaurants on the route offering food to yatris.
Travel Tips: You will get instant noodles and momos almost everywhere. Have it with a hot cup of tea. Puris, veg dishes made of cauliflowers, potatoes, tomatoes are very delicious.
How Safe is It to Travel in a Helicopter in Char Dham Yatra?
The helicopter service is the most comfortable way to explore all Char Dham places. The helicopters are flown by expert and experienced pilots with many hours of flying experience in this hilly region. You will take off and land safely at helipads in all Char Dham places.
Travel Tips: The helicopter ride is 30-45 minutes. Watch through your helicopter windows to get a sight of towering mountains, cascading waterfalls, white glaciers, icy peaks.
What Kind of Hotels do I Stay in During Our Char Dham by Helicopter?
During your Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter, you stay in 3-star to 4-star luxury hotels.
Travel Tips: In our Char Dham Yatra helicopter package, Shrine Yatra provides a 1-day complimentary stay also at a luxury hotel in Dehradun. And this is in addition to the hotels that we’ve booked for you in Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. All you have to do is enjoy all the luxuries you will get in that luxury hotel and enjoy your Char Dham Yatra by helicopter package.
What is the Travel Duration in Char Dham Helicopter Tour?
If you are going for all Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter then the duration of your visit will be 6 days 5 nights.
What is the Duration of a Helicopter Ride between Each Dham?
Generally, helicopter flights take 30 to 45 minutes to reach any two destinations in Char Dham Yatra.
What is the Best Season to Go on Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter?
The end of May and the beginning of June is the best time to go on Char Dham Yatra by helicopter. Helicopter services are not available in the rainy and winter season due to bad weather.
What is the Sightseeing to Do in Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter?
- Yamunotri – Yamunotri Temple, Yamuna River, Suryakund, Shanidev Temple.
- Gangotri – Gangotri Temple, Bhagirathi River, Pandav Gufa, Bhagirath Shila, Surya Kund.
- Kedarnath – Kedarnath Temple, Bhairav Temple, Rudra Meditation Cave, Shankaracharya Samadhi.
- Badrinath – Badrinath Temple, Mana Village, Saraswati River, Bheem Pul, Ganesh Gufa, Vyas Gufa.
Travel Tips: In case you want to also visit other places in Uttarakhand, then you can visit our Uttarakhand Tour Packages.
Palki/ Pony services in Char Dham Yatra
You have to need only Yamunotri & Gangotri dham Palki and pony services are readily available in these destinations.
What is the Starting Point of Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter?
Char Dham Yatra starts and ends at the Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun. Sahastradhara helipad is closed to Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun and it is a drive of minimum from the airport.
What Things Should I Take Care of When Traveling in a Helicopter?
- Carry duffel bags with you. No heavy luggage at all.
- Reach the helipad at least 1 hour before the departure.
- Wear woolens/windcheaters rather than carry them in your bags.
- Carry essential medicines and ready-to-eat packets only in your duffel bags.
- Carry towels or light clothing with you for snans/ dip in hot water pools.
What Documents Should I Carry?
- Personal ID cards (Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, driving license).
- Negative COVID-19 reports, VIP Passes for darshan.
- NRIs should have a passport.
What Essential Things Should I Carry?
- Motion sickness medicines / antibiotics / anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Woollen clothes / Windcheaters / towels / sports shoes / sun glasses / caps.
- Hand sanitizers / First aid kits.
- Glucon D / energy bars / chocolates / dry fruits / namkeens / ready to eat food.
- Camera / power banks / mobile chargers / flash light / binoculars.
- Ready cash / helicopter tickets / VIP Darshan passes / COVID-19 negative reports.
Travel Tip: You will have to trek for 2-3 hours in Yamunotri and 4-5 hours in Kedarnath. Keep glucose biscuits, chocolates, dry fruits, energy bars, fruit juices, Glucon-D ready. Also, carry instant noodle packets or ready-to-eat foods and namkeens.
What are the Helipads in Which I will Land?
- Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun
- Kharsali helipad at Yamunotri
- Harsil helipad at Gangotri
- Phata helipad / Sersi helipad at Guptakashi
- Kedarnath helipad at Kedarnath
- Badrinath helipad at Badrinath
Which Helicopter Services Operate Helicopters for Char Dham Yatra?
- Pawan Hans
- Himalayan Heli
- Heritage Aviation
- Kestrel Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
- Aryan Aviation Pvt. Ltd.
Travel tips: Helicopter services may get affected due to rough weather, which is common in monsoon and winter. Helicopter services don’t operate at these times. You may also have to wait for your turn when changing Shuttle at Kedarnath.
How to Reach Dehradun?
Take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun from major cities of India. Express trains from Mumbai, Delhi, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, and other cities reach the Dehradun railway station. You can reach Dehradun by road by national highways.
What Facilities are There on the Road Leading to Char Dham Yatra Temples?
Water tanks, mobile toilets, drinking water pots, food stalls, restrooms, tented accommodation, walking sticks, small shops, seating benches.
Which is the Best Reachable of All Char Dham Temples?
Badrinath and Gangotri are best accessible of Uttarakhand Char Dhams. You can reach there by driving and do not require trekking or walking. Yamunotri and Kedarnath require some trekking to do. Yamunotri Temple is a 6 km trek from Janki Chatti. Kedarnath temple is a 16 km long trek from Gaurikund. You can take palki or pony services to reach the temples.
Which dham should I visit first if I am going on CharDham Yatra by Helicopter?
You should first visit Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath in that order.
How Many Passengers can a Helicopter Take?
5-6 persons can sit in a helicopter.
What if I do not want to take the whole Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter package, and instead want Ek Dham, Do Dham, or Teen Dham packages?
Instead of visiting all four dhams you can only visit Ek dham or Do dham or Teen dham temples only. Shrine Yatra has customized Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter tours also.
Can I have a Private Helicopter for Char Dham Visit? What If I do not Want to Travel with Other Passengers?
You can always choose to travel in a private helicopter for Char Dham Yatra by helicopter package. In that case, you can talk to us and we will arrange for a private helicopter for Char Dham Yatra.
Does Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter Package Include Maha Abhishek at Kedarnath?
Yes. Char Dham Yatra by Helicopter package includes Maha Abhishek at Kedarnath Temple, VIP Darshan, and Aarti at all four temples.