Badrinath Travel Guide – Best Time to Visit, How To Reach
Being a religious place for Hindus, Badrinath holds prime importance. It is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, who is consider as one of the presiding deities of Hindu God Trio – Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. The temple of Badrinath is locate in the beautiful surroundings of Chamoli District in Uttrakhand. Indeed, the temple premises are positioned between two mountains named Nar and Narayan. In relation to the mountains, there has been a popular legend that two saints by the name of Nar and Narayan practiced utmost penance here for the blessing of Lord Vishnu. So, we believe in providing a Badrinath Travel Guide to Pilgrims for a hassle-free journey.
Things to Note:
- First of all, one should carry woollen clothes as the temperature is always cold in Badrinath.
- Carrying umbrella along with you is important as one might come across unexpected eather conditions.
- Carrying a professional camera inside the temple premises is not allowed. One can take pictures from their smartphones on the permission of temple authorities.
- One needs to be physically fit to travel to Badrinath as there are slight bumps and it might sound difficult for the old people.
- It is necessary to book Pithu or Horse before starting the climb to Badrinath as many people opt for them to have easy journey.
- Carrying antibiotics and altitude sickness medicines is necessary to handle nauseatic conditions in the hilly area.
- Getting travel insurance would be an added advantage as it allows you to cover unexpected expenses during the journey.
Best Time to Travel
Though, the devotees can travel to Badrinath at any point of time in the year. Still, the best time to travel is in summers (Month of May & June) as temperature is exceptionally pleasant in day time with night temperature falling to only 10 degrees.
How to Reach Badrinath
- Devotees travelling by Air can get down at Jolly Grant Airport at Dehradun as it’s the closest one and take private taxis to reach the destination.
- People willing to visit Badrinath Temple by railways can get down at Rishiskesh as it’s the closest railway junction locate at a distance of 297kms. From here, one can hire taxis or travel in road transport buses to reach Badrinath.
- Travellers opting to reach Badrinath by their private vehicle have to be conscious about getting their petrol tanks full and keep halting at various places for a comfortable journey.