Amarnath Yatra is one of the most sublime pilgrimages in the Himalayas. This year in 2023, the Amarnath yatra will start on June 30 and end on August 11. Amarnath Yatra registrations will begin on April 11. Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter is the best and quickest way to do this yatra. The one thing that every tourist wants to know is, which route is better for Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter. So, here, we have given you some route information along with other details if you are going on Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter.
About Amarnath Yatra
Amarnath Cave is one of the places of pilgrimage in Kashmir. The cave is situated at an altitude of 3,888 meters or 12,756 feet near Anantnag. Amarnath Cave is located in a place called Lidder Valley. The valley is a landscape of spectacular mountain scenery. You are surrounded by icy glaciers, snowy mountains, rocky terrain, waterfalls, and flowing rivers.
Check out: Amarnath Yatra Packages for 2023
Amarnath Yatra is the pilgrimage to this cave. The linga in this cave is made by natural forces and is not made by any man or woman. It is a shiv linga made of ice and is formed when water droplets from the roof of the cave fall and freeze in the form of a linga.
Registration Process for Amarnath Yatra
If you want to register for the Amarnath Yatra then you can register from 11 April 2023. You will have to remember the following things before registering for this yatra.
- You must fill in all the details about your health conditions and illnesses. Health Certificate is a must for Amarnath Yatra.
- Amarnath Yatra registration is done on a first come first serve basis.
- You must be in peak physical fitness for this yatra.
- You can apply for group registration if you want to travel with a group of friends or family members.
- Registration forms are available with major banks like Punjab National Bank, Yes Bank, etc.
Amarnath Yatra Helicopter Route
If you want to book Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter package, then you should be aware of the helipads and the route. There are two helipads, one in Baltal and the other in Pahalgam. No matter whatever route you take, you will be dropped at Panjtarni helipad.
From here, Amarnath Cave is just a 2-hour walk (6 km). You will have to walk from Panjtarni to reach Amarnath Cave. You can take the help of ponies and palki if you are unable to walk. The Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter via Pahalgam route is longer and so, the helicopter rates will be higher. The Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter via Baltal route is shorter and will be cheaper compared to the Pahalgam route.
Amarnath Yatra Distance
The helipad at Baltal is the closest distance from Amarnath Cave. Baltal is 15 km from the cave. The helipad is just 6 km from the cave and is situated at such a place that pilgrims can choose any mode of transport they like to reach the Amarnath Cave. They can walk up to the cave or choose pony rides.
Pahalgam is 46 km from Amarnath Cave. It is a more lengthy route to Amarnath Cave. You can cover this distance on foot, horse rides, palki, or helicopter rides.
You will find camps at many places on this Amarnath Yatra. Camps are set up at Baltal, Nunwan, Sheshnag, and Panjtarni. You will find many private tents and tented accommodations at various places along the route. These camps have all basic facilities like blankets, beds, pillows, and quilts.
Food is served in langars along many places along this route. You will get vegetarian food items, water, and refreshments at places like Chandanwari, Sheshnag, Panjtarni, and others places. You can also carry ground nuts, dry fruits, chocolate bars, biscuits, canned food, and juices with you. The helipad at Baltal also has a cafeteria.
- Yatris can find some essential services that are initiated by government officials for this Amarnath Yatra.
- Private and state-run buses start from Srinagar or Jammu and go up to Pahalgam or Baltal.
- There are medical facilities on the route.
- The cloakroom facility is there at Baltal, Nunwan, and near Amarnath Cave.
- Parking facility is there at Baltal Base Camp for two-wheelers, LMVs, and MMVs.
- Yatris are given pre-loaded yatra SIM cards with BSNL connectivity.
Some Travel Tips Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter
- You can prepare yourself so that you are physically fit for this yatra.
- You can contact the nearest medical facility if you feel sick.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, and coffee.
- Increase your water intake to avoid dehydrating yourself.
- Acclimatize yourself so that you don’t suffer from the effects of altitude sickness.
- You will find the list of all the doctors and medical centers for Health certificates on the website of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB).
- Keep your pace slow during this yatra, as there is very low oxygen at this altitude.
- You can register for a maximum of 5 bookings with one single debit or credit card.
What is the Best Time to Go for Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter?
June to August is the best time to go for Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter. This is the monsoon season in India, so you can expect some rain during this period. You can plan your Amarnath Yatra in such a way that you visit the Amarnath Cave in June or the middle weeks of July.