Tourists await Amarnath Yatra 2022 with eager anticipation after the COVID-19 pandemic. Amarnath Cave is in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Amarnath Cave is the holiest pilgrimage site for the Hindus. Lord Shiva told his secret of immortality to Parvati at Amarnath Cave. Amarnath Cave is one of the 51 Shakti Peeth of Sati.
Even if you are not a devotee, you must go on this Amarnath Yatra to experience the scenic beauty of the Himalayas. But before you set off Amarnath Yatra Package 2022 through Shrine Yatra, there are some facts you should consider. Here is a detailed guide for you to plan your Amarnath Yatra 2022. Here are Amarnath Yatra full details.
About Amarnath Cave and Ice Stalagmite Amarnath Cave
Amarnath Cave is situated in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, 140 km from Srinagar. Amarnath Cave is 40 m (130 ft) high and is situated at an altitude of 3,888 m (12,756 ft). Inside Amarnath Cave, there is a stalagmite formation made by water drops falling from the roof. The water drops gradually freeze and rise upward vertically from the cave floor. This is regarded as a Shiv Linga by the Hindus.
Who Discovered Amarnath Cave?
- Lord Shiva told the secret of the universe and his immortality to Goddess Parvati in Amarnath Cave.
- The holy sage Bhrigu was the first to discover Amarnath Cave. He drained all water and first spotted the cave.
- Buta Malik was a local shepherd who discovered Amarnath cave in 1850. A Sufi saint gave a bag of coal to Buta Malik. It turned into gold. Buta Malik went to thank the saint but found Amarnath Cave.
What is the Legend of Amarnath Cave?
- Lord Shiva went to Amarnath Cave through Pahalgam. He left his faithful Nandi bull at Pahalgam, the moon from his hair at Chandanwari, snake at Sheshnag, son Ganesh at Mahagunas Parvat, five elements at Panjtarni.
- When Lord Shiva was narrating the secret to his immortality to Parvati, two pigeons appeared and overheard the conversation. They too became immortal. A glimpse of these two pigeons at Amarnath Cave is said to be a very auspicious sign.
How Old is Amarnath Cave?
Amarnath Cave is more than 5000 years old.
Is Amarnath Yatra Dangerous?
No. Amarnath Yatra is very safe. You must be physically fit and get acclimatized for at least 48 hours before the yatra.
Who is not Allowed for Amarnath Yatra?
Children below 13 years of age and elderly people above 75 years are not allowed for Amarnath Yatra. Women with 6 months of pregnancy or more are also not allowed for Amarnath Yatra.
Who Organizes Amarnath Yatra and How You can do Amarnath Yatra 2022 Booking
Amarnath Yatra is organized by a J&K Government and Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board. You can book from many Amarnath Yatra 2022 packages by Shrine Yatra.
Amarnath Yatra 2022 Opening Date
The opening and closing dates of Amarnath Yatra 2022 are not yet fixed. However, 27th June 2022 till 11th August 2022 are the tentative opening and closing dates for Amarnath Yatra in the year 2022.
What is the Amarnath Yatra 2022 registration Date?
If you are registering as an individual, then the last date of registration is 28 April 2022. If you are traveling in a group, then the last date of registration is from 1 May 2022 to 31 May 2022.
Amarnath Yatra Places to Visit
- Sheshnag Lake
Travel Tips: Check out all the Jammu Kashmir Tour Packages that we have to offer. This is in addition to our Amarnath Yatra trek packages.
Amarnath Yatra Trek Route
- Jammu > taxi to Pahalgam (315 km) > walk or drive to Chandanwari (16 km) > trek to Pissu Top (3 km) > trek to Sheshnag (9 km) > trek to Panchtarni (12 km) > trek to Amarnath Cave (6 km).
- Jammu > taxi to Baltal (400 km) > Domail > Barari > Sangam > Amarnath Cave.
- Srinagar > drive to Pahalgam (96 km) > walk or drive to Chandanwari (16 km) > trek to Pissu Top (3 km) > trek to Sheshnag (9 km) > trek to Panchtarni (12 km) > trek to Amarnath Cave (6 km).
- Srinagar > drive to Baltal (100 km) > trek to Domail > trek to Barari > trek to Sangam > trek to Amarnath Cave.
Travel Tips for Amarnath Yatra
- Amarnath Yatra route from Pahalgam is the traditional route to Amarnath Cave. It is a long but easy trek and there are no steep climbs and narrow paths on this route. A common tourist can easily trek on this route and reach Amarnath Cave.
- When coming back from Amarnath Cave after the darshan, you can trek through the Baltal route. Baltal is just 10-15 km from Amarnath Cave, while Pahalgam is a long distance of 47 km.
- On the Baltal route, you will have to descend on the trek and is an easy thing to do.
- If you go on Amarnath Yatra route from Baltal, it is a steep climb at many places and narrow paths that are difficult to trek. A common tourist may find it very difficult to trek on this route. It is better to take the Pahalgam route to reach Amarnath Cave.
How to Reach Jammu or Srinagar
You can reach Srinagar by flight from Delhi, Jammu, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, and many other cities. You can go by train to Jammu railway station from many cities of India. You can travel by road and reach Srinagar and Jammu.
How to Prepare for Amarnath Yatra 2022?
- Take regular walks. At least 6 km daily walks one month before yatra.
- Regular Yoga and Pranayam and deep breathing exercises.
- Stretching exercises.
- Try climbing the steps of a building, or trek up a mountain.
- Get acclimatized to the low oxygen of Amarnath Yatra for 48 hours.
Where can I Find Langar Food on the Amarnath Yatra Trek Route?
|Baltal Route||Pahalgam Route|
|Between Baltal & Domail||Chandanwari|
|Domail||Between Chandanwari and Pissutop|
What Type of Food is Available in Amarnath Yatra Langar?
You will only get pure vegetarian food on Amarnath Yatra. Non-veg food and alcohol are prohibited.
Where to Stay in Amarnath Yatra Base Camps?
There are base camps in Pahalgam, Baltal, Nunwan, Sheshnag, Manigaon, Panjtarni, Amarnath Cave. Camps have cots, mattresses, blankets, pillows
What are the Facilities for Amarnath Yatra?
- Baths, Western and Indian toilets, drinking water
- Langar food.
- Rented Tents, pandals, and base camps.
- Helicopter service from Panjtarni.
- Dust bins, firewood, medical camps, cloakroom, parking.
Mobile Network Available in Amarnath Yatra?
BSNL mobile network is available in Amarnath Yatra.
Things to Carry for Amarnath Yatra
- Raincoat, woolen sweater, windcheater, thermal jackets, t-shirts.
- Sturdy waterproof trekking shoes, gloves.
- Flashlight, torch, sunglasses, hats, monkey caps.
- Water bottle, First aid kit, hand sanitizer, Vaseline cream
- Toiletries, socks, trekking sticks.
- Chocolates, dry fruits.
Documents Required for Amarnath Yatra
- Compulsory Health Certificate (issued after March 15, 2022).
- Amarnath Yatra registration slip, Yatra permits.
- Voter ID, Passport, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence.
Which is the Nearest Helipad to Amarnath Cave?
Panchtarni Helipad is the nearest helipad to Amarnath Cave.
What is Amarnath Yatra Total Cost?
It depends on the route you take and the number of days that you spend during the yatra. Yatris can explore our Amarnath Yatra 2022 packages. For a more comfortable trip, explore our Amarnath Yatra by helicopter package.
How to Register for Amarnath Yatra 2022
Tourists can also visit web portal of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB). Yatris can visit the bank branches for offline registration, from where they can get Yatra Permits.
What is the Weather in Amarnath Yatra?
It may rain and snow at high altitudes. Wear waterproof jackets, windcheaters, woolen clothes during the yatra.
Which is Amarnath Yatra Helicopter Service?
- Baltal axis – Global Vectra Helicorp Limited, Himalaya Heli Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Pahalgam – Panchtarni – Pahalgam axis – UTair India Pvt. Ltd.
Amarnath Yatra Helicopter Service
Helicopter service is available at Baltal and Pahalgam helipads. Helicopter service is for the Neelgrath-Panjtarni route and Pahalgam Panjtarni route. Check out our Amarnath Yatra helicopter itinerary we provide in our Amarnath Yatra by helicopter package.
Amarnath Yatra Total Walking Distance
If you go by the Baltal route it requires 1-2 days and the distance is 14 km long. Pahalgam route is 36 to 48 km long and takes 3-5 days.